#6 A Firefighter Who Sells Annuities
Bryan Anderson, founder of Annuity Straight Talk, chats with Marty, a firefighter and paramedic from St. Louis, Missouri who is now a member of the AST team and runs his own financial planning business. Bryan wrote about him in his recent newsletter, but in this episode, they talk more about Marty’s journey into the world of insurance.
About a dozen years ago, Marty’s fire department realized that it couldn’t afford to sustain pension benefits. In response to that, he started researching strategies to accumulate wealth for his retirement. This then led him to insurance and annuities.
Bryan and Marty share their thoughts on fixed index annuities as an investment option compared to bonds. Know what factors dictate how much money should be protected so that you can hit your long-term goals. And tune in to hear from a financial adviser who has a different approach to solving problems for people.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- [02:32] On transitioning from defined benefit pensions to defined contributions
- [05:12] The financial crisis of 2007-2008
- [08:58] How he found the solution he was looking for
- [11:30] On insurance and investment coordination
- [12:48] Diversify your investment portfolios
- [16:38] On getting licensed and starting a business
- [17:38] About Marty’s financial planning business
- “You can look at the numbers from any direction. You’re always better off if you have the proper amount of insurance components in a plan.” ~Bryan
- “Never gamble money you cannot afford to lose.” ~Marty
- “[Protect] what you need and [move] forward from there.” ~Bryan
Connect with Marty:
- Atlas Financial Strategies LLC
Call Annuity Straight Talk at 800-438-5121 or schedule a call at AnnuityStraightTalk.com