Evaluating Annuity Companies
Before you jump right into an insurance carrier, there are a lot of critical points to consider. The market comes with uncertainties. That’s why it’s good to have a safety net so you can protect your money. Nitpicking the best company that suits your standards can be complicated too. There are many factors to consider, but don’t fret because this episode will break it all down for you.
Coming back as a fan favorite is Ashok Ramji, the Co-host of the Annuity Straight Talk Podcast. Today Bryan and Ashok will clear out some confusion and give you their firsthand insights on how you can confidently decide where to put your money, buy annuities, and pick the ideal carrier of your choice. Simplifying over-complicated processes to bring you the utmost convenience. They also explain the importance of checking a company’s annual rating, assessing risks, and so much more. So get your pens and papers ready because this will be a session that comes in a complete package.
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
[3:37] Evaluating an insurance carrier, and what are certain things that we should be looking at to know that an annuity belongs to a certain retirement proposal?
[6:15] The reason why people buy annuities?
[7:03] Why do some producers like to work with lower-rated insurers?
[8:56] How do you assess the riskiness of an insurance company?
[9:06] Looking at the company and credit ratings
[15:33] What is a Comdex ranking?
[22:29] Certain factors to look at when you invest in an annuity
[23:54] The Risk-Based Capital and its Six Classes
[37:19] The importance of customer service
- [5:39] “The insurance company in itself kind of protects each other in a lot of ways.”
- [8:48] “The greater the risk, the greater the return.”
- [35:36] “It may be a little bit harder for people to assess these companies with private equity ownership because what worked 20-30 years ago in terms of the way these companies are structured now in the new landscape isn’t quite the same. “
- [39:00] “We want happy people having fun, we want people who work for a great company that are enjoying what they do and adding to people’s lives”
- The National Association Of Insurance Commissioners
- Life Insurance Research Marketing Association
- All About Annuities by Gordon Williamson
- Call Ashok at 877 234 PLAN
- Annuity Newsletter
- Call Annuity Straight Talk at 800-438-5121 or schedule a call at AnnuityStraightTalk.com