#19 Maximize Social Security
Social Security is a program that’s been around for years. But several changes have come over the years, and some of those changes have made a big difference in how to best maximize your payments. In fact, there are fewer options now than ever. So, it’s very important to know to analyze the numbers so you can get the most out of this program
In this episode, your host, Bryan Anderson will provide a summary of the most important strategies, as well as the supporting information from his case studies to help you learn more about how to maximize benefits.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- [05:53] The average life expectancy: Should you delay until 70?
- [08:34] The Cumulative Income and how it works.
- [11:36] Time Value of Money vs. Lost Opportunity Cost.
- “What’s happened with the social security administration is they’ve changed the rules a little bit over the years. So there’s fewer options now than there were.” -Bryan Anderson
- “The only reason you should [delay] is if you’re continuing to work, just because you create an extra tax burden.” -Bryan Anderson
- “You can delay till age 70 and get more money out of it, but it’s going to cost you money elsewhere. So you’re going to have to be, you’re building it up in one pocket and, but you’re pulling it out of the other.” -Bryan Anderson
Call Annuity Straight Talk at 800-438-5121 or schedule a call at AnnuityStraightTalk.com