#17 Performance-Based Income Annuities
In this episode, Annuity Straight Talk founder Bryan Anderson talks about a guaranteed income product called performance-based income annuity. He then goes on to explain certain terms, drawing examples from the newsletter that he published on October 8th.
After explaining why he doesn’t sell contracts from B-rated companies, Bryan introduces Athene’s Agility contract and weighs in on its guaranteed and non-guaranteed values. He offers sound advice for people who are looking into this particular product as an option, highlighting the importance of managing one’s expectations.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- [01:52] About performance-based income annuities, roll-ups, and income values
- [04:10] One of the problems that emerged when guaranteed income contracts came out roughly 10 years ago
- [05:18] Some A-rated companies that offer performance-based income annuities
- [10:30] Athene’s Agility contract values
- [16:15] If you’re looking for income, compare 4 or 5 annuities to get the value of contracts especially the guaranteed minimum
- [16:50] How Athene’s Agility contract works hypothetically
- [22:00] Bryan’s issue with this product
- [25:22] His conclusion and recommendations
- “I’ve never disliked a single annuity because of the contract itself. I didn’t like them because of how they were sold.” ~Bryan
- “Any of these (annuities) can be a good option for you, but you need to realize what you’re actually getting out of it.” ~Bryan
- “A lot of people still believe they can strike it rich with an annuity, and I’ve talked to a lot of people who were disappointed.” ~Bryan
Call Annuity Straight Talk at 800-438-5121 or schedule a call at AnnuityStraightTalk.com