#13 The Art of Annuity Maintenance and Advocacy
Bryan Anderson, founder of Annuity Straight Talk, speaks with Ashok Ramji, a financial consultant with TOP Planning LLC, an independent asset protection and retirement income planning firm serving retirees and pre-retirees alike. In this episode, our hosts talk about the art of annuity maintenance from an advisor’s perspective.
Bryan and Ashok share some of their experiences as servicing agents. They present cases where they have walked clients through the procedural aspect of annuities, highlighting the advantage of working with Annuity Straight Talk.
Ashok weighs in on the pros and cons of switching to another contract if your current one does not work for you. He and Bryan then review the performance of carriers that have helped them give their clients what they were due.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- [06:33] On doing business with a carrier and getting notices for insufficient production
- [11:25] How Ashok helped his client whittle down his annuities from 10 to 3
- [13:32] You’re only limited by your imagination and the ideas/strategies your advisor can come up with
- [17:47] Ashok’s story about an “overfunded” client who had a fixed deferred annuity with an income rider
- [21:15] The importance of reviewing contracts annually
- [23:12] Ashok and Bryan’s positive experiences with carriers
- [27:58] Have an advocate for yourself
- “If you feel like sometimes we’re running too fast, it’s okay to crawl, walk, and then run.” ~Ashok
- “The annuity that you get is not the most important thing. It’s how you use it and have a good strategy surrounding it.” ~Bryan
- “We always look at the pluses and minuses.” ~Ashok
- “There’s a human error to everything, and that’s why it takes good service to be in position.” ~Bryan
Call Annuity Straight Talk at 800-438-5121 or schedule a call at AnnuityStraightTalk.com