#16 What Should You Do with an Old Variable Annuity?
Bryan Anderson, founder of Annuity Straight Talk, has been a leading annuity education specialist since 2008. He has helped hundreds of clients across the country navigate complex annuity strategies and achieve a profitable and secure retirement.
In this episode, Brian talks about old variable annuities and how they fit in a retirement plan. He breaks down 3 case studies that he covered in his October 2 newsletter, addressing concerns regarding taxation, principle protection, and market volatility. For every case study, he presents solutions and options that he recommended to his clients based on their individual circumstances.
This podcast offers you advice so you can make an informed decision when faced with one of life’s biggest decisions. Bold, informative and engaging, the Annuity Straight Talk Podcast is your source for all things annuity.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- [01:35] About variable annuities
- [04:52] Case study #1: a non-qualified variable annuity with a guaranteed lifetime withdrawal benefit
- [07:27] What happens if you annuitize the cash value of your assets
- [10:12] Case study #2: a variable annuity in an IRA
- [13:04] Case study #3: a non-qualified variable annuity with no additional income or death benefit riders
- [15:05] How to eliminate fees and market risks from your assets
- “The importance of getting a guarantee in the plan is critical. And so the best thing to do is to annuitize assets”. ~Brian
- “If you decide whether you keep an annuity you’ve owned for a while, or if your objectives have changed, it might be worthwhile to evaluate that”. ~Brian
- “With an old variable annuity, you should always analyze and always be able to change”. ~Brian
Call Annuity Straight Talk at 800-438-5121 or schedule a call at AnnuityStraightTalk.com