#18 Annuity Alternatives
Many people want to protect money to produce income or to just accumulate but fear a long-term commitment with annuities.
The list of alternatives is about as straightforward as it gets. But there is a lot of confusion about exactly what is available and if it’s right for you.
In this episode, Bryan Anderson covers topics on retirement in relation to annuity alternatives with John Balmer, a registered investment advisor in Los Angeles to answer your questions and help you learn more.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- [04:20] Different alternative investments in a low-yield environment — that are low-risk.
- [07:43] Hedging strategies in retail investments.
- [11:34] The importance of seeking professional help when choosing risky options.
- [13:13] Strategies for dividend stocks.
- [17:31] Opportunities to diversify your portfolio.
- [19:44] Should you opt for preferred shares?
- “If you’re a long bondholder, and interest rates continue to spike on you, you’re going to suffer some principal loss.” -John Balmer
- “Always seek professional help and seek professional advice from someone who knows exactly what they’re doing.” -John Balmer
- “Annuities got to play a part in it for retirement or it should anyhow, but this is again, just a diversification opportunity for people who want to protect everything, but you probably shouldn’t have all your money into annuities.” -Bryan Anderson
- “Nothing comes without risk.” -John Balmer
- “True stability can only be found in a few places. And only one of them really has any yield to it.” -Bryan Anderson
Call Annuity Straight Talk at 800-438-5121 or schedule a call at AnnuityStraightTalk.com